Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swinging Gates

Officer C:
the witness told 911 there were two black men breaking into the house

LW, the witness:
I never described the race of the men in the 911 call other than after repeated request by the operator that I thought one of them could be Hispanic and I wasn't even sure they were breaking into the house, they may have just been having trouble with a stuck door

Officer C:
the witness told me while we were standing at the front of the house that she'd seen two black men breaking into the house

LW, the witness:
No I didn't

Officer C:
I was afraid and concerned for my life when I saw a 5'6" 150 lb old cripple man with a cane standing in his home
because he was black

Dr. G:
I was afraid and concerned for my life when I saw a 6' 5" 270 lb young white policeman standing on my porch and demanding I come outside the safety of my home
because he had a gun

Officer C:
G. told me that I had no idea who I was "messing" with

Dr. G:
No I didn't

Officer C:
G. made threats and said he wasn't someone to be messed with

Dr. G:
No I didn't

Officer C:
G. said "ya, I'll speak with your mama outside"

Dr. G:
No I didn't

Officer C:
G. was a loud angry black man, and tumultuous

Dr. G:
No I wasn't (well, I guess maybe I may be a black man, but initially I was tired not angry, and I was not loud and ... who uses a word like "tumultuous" anyway ...)

Officer C:
He was loud to the public when I arrested him for disorderly conduct and his loud behavior served no legitimate purpose

Dr. G:
After over 230 years of white American policemen hauling away black men many of whom were never seen again or if they were, frequently they were battered and beaten before arriving at a police station perhaps it would be good if some of my neighbors noticed a huge angry white policeman hauling me away in a black maria?

White people conclusion:
the officer was white (oops, I meant right) and we support him regardless of the facts

Black people conclusion:
mannn.... here we go again ....

Average Conservative conclusion:
Obviously race and abuse of power by the police had nothing to do with this incident it is just that when the honest officer was attempting to do his duty and help this ingrate the ingrate was just too stupid to realize how high he was supposed to jump when the master said jump

Slightly more Conservative conclusion (radio-talk show level, southern politician level):
Where's the rope?

Radical Leftist conclusion:
Police are racist pigs

Liberal conclusion:
This situation could have been handled better.

Reasonable conclusion:
Officer C. demonstrated a certain lack of professionalism and veracity.
One might describe some of his actions as stupid.

No comments: